Important: Any directions or maps provided by Botany Bay Ecotours are only a rough guide. You are responsible for arriving at the activity’s meeting location on time, so make sure to check with a second source that can provide specific directions from your starting point. Edisto’s speed limits are slow and enforced, so please allow plenty of time to get to the departure point. The Town sign ordinance and Marina rules do not allow good directional signs so the Marina can be hard to find.
Detailed Directions for tours departing from Edisto Marina: The Dolphin Ecotour, Sunset Cruise, ACE and Morgan Ecotours leave from Dock Slip D 2 at the Marina at Edisto Beach, 3706 Docksite Road, Edisto Beach (29438). We are on the water in between Bay Creek Park and Bay Creek Villas near State Rd S-15-683. The park is surrounded by a white, vinyl rail fence. Guests can park for free in the Bay Creek parking lot, then walk through the gate in the white fence leading to the marina. The sign for the marina reads “Edisto Marine Commercial District” and has signs for Edisto Marina, Botany Bay Ecotours and fishing charter businesses. Walk down the 150 yard boardwalk to the last finger dock and Dock Slip D-2.
Driving Directions to Slip D2:
- From US-17/Savannah Hwy, turn onto State Hwy 174.
- Continue to follow State Hwy 174 to Edisto Beach. Speed limit is 45 mph in construction zones!
- Once you reach Edisto Beach, Hwy 174 will curve right and parallel the ocean.
- At the 1700 block, turn right onto Lybrand St.
- After the 4 way stop, Lybrand curves left and becomes Dock Site Rd.
- Drive approximately 3/4 of a mile and The Marina at Edisto Beach will be on your right. The sign is small, so look for Bay Creek Park with a white rail fence and Bay Creek Condos.
- Parking is free and located across the street from the Marina.
- Walk down the Marina boardwalk (about 150 yards) to Dock Slip D 2.
Driving Directions to Edisto Beach State Park:
For trips departing from Edisto Beach State Park, meet at the Environmental Learning Center dock at Oyster Row, Edisto Island. There is no number on the street address. Take Palmetto Rd (NOT Palmetto Blvd) toward Live Oak Landing. Turn right off of the dirt road for the Environmental Learning Center. If you are taking a Fishing Charter, park at Live Oak Landing and meet at the dock next to the boat ramp.